In today’s digital world, consumers demand that enterprises release mobile app features faster and developers are facing challenging times to keep up with the expectations of modern customers. Speed matters when it comes to mobile applications and in this blog we will cover how leveraging intelligent test orchestration helps developers achieve faster release cycles.
Why is it important to release mobile features faster?
● App store ratings and rankings
It takes far longer to move up the app store rankings than to move down. You must immediately apply the breaks if you notice that your rating is beginning to decline. Short mobile release cycles are crucial. When your pipeline is prepared for quick releases, you can make confident updates.
● New mobile devices and OS updates
Customers will be dissatisfied and your app’s position in the app store rankings will plummet if your mobile app doesn’t support the most recent devices and OS versions.
● Respond to user behavior, especially abandonment
You must monitor user behaviour after release. If you discover that your critical flows aren’t working, you need to swiftly release a new version and reconsider how consumers interact with your app.
Issues faced by developers while releasing mobile features
There are several issues faced by developers in releasing mobile app features. Some of these issues include:
● Device fragmentation: There are many devices, across operating systems, screen sizes, etc, available. It can be difficult and time-consuming for developers to make sure their app is compatible with each of these devices.
● Speed of test execution: Testing across a variety of devices is time and resource-consuming. Speed of testing often becomes a roadblock to release velocity.
● User experience: User experience has become a crucial component of an app’s success as a result of the escalating competition in the mobile app market.
● Regulatory compliance: Depending on the functionality and target audience, mobile apps may be subject to a variety of legal regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA.
How test orchestration helps developers in achieving faster release cycles
Test orchestration is the arrangement of automated tests into a sequence for execution to enable efficient monitoring and test execution. Intelligent test orchestration cloud platforms have several benefits which help developers in releasing mobile features faster. Some of them include:
● Better visibility: Visibility into the software release cycle is essential because it enables you to identify and address bottlenecks early on, improving software quality and shortening time to market.
● Faster feedback: Test orchestration cloud reduces manual intervention in the testing cycle, which lowers the likelihood of errors and accelerates feedback. These give the software testing life cycle self-sustainability, allowing for fewer execution failures.
● Fail fast, fail often: Test orchestration cloud platform provides a fail fast, fail often feature that allows developers to rectify just as quickly and any number of times. Achieving this means putting in systems that can speed up processes and allow for quick feedback.
● AI-powered workflows: Grouping test cases, automatic sequencing, static and dynamic test discovery, static data splitting, and intelligent retries of tests ensure the heavy lifting, allowing testers and developers to focus on other tasks like test creation.
● Test artifact management: Manages and collates test execution artifacts such as reports, videos, logs, etc, from all environments into a single downloadable file.
● Dependency caching: Helps teams cut down test time by caching all environment and framework-level dependencies. The test orchestration platform’s command line binary (CLI) allows you to trigger tests on the cloud from your local system and CI alike.
● Customizable test environment: This feature helps you to completely customize the test environment and add the right dependencies to your runners using pre and post-scripts.
All these come together to ensure lesser developer friction, faster feedback and hence quicker time to market. Add test intelligence on top of it, you have the perfect solution to address both quality and speed requirements of mobile app testing.
To satisfy users’ voracious need for new features, address any issues quickly, and maintain an edge over the competition, you must release new mobile app features consistently. Intelligent test orchestration is the way to achieve faster app release cycles and keep your customers happy!
Want to learn more about cybersecurity and the cloud from industry leaders? Check out Cyber Security & Cloud Expo taking place in Amsterdam, California, and London. Explore other upcoming enterprise technology events and webinars powered by TechForge here.