The Telecom Data Cloud helps telecommunications service providers break down data silos within companies and across the ecosystem, allowing organisations to easily and securely access data in near real-time, enrich it with machine learning (ML) models, and then share and analyze it to drive better decisions. With the Telecom Data Cloud, Snowflake and its ecosystem of partners can help telecommunications service providers accelerate digital transformation, enable superior customer experiences, maximise operational efficiency, and monetise new data services.
Mobile devices and broadband connectivity are now part of every aspect of day-to-day life. For that reason, the telecommunications sector remains a driver of growth, innovation, and disruption for all global businesses, especially in rapidly growing industries such as video streaming, Internet of Things (IoT), and virtual and augmented reality. The revenue shift from traditional products to innovative cross-industry collaboration solutions requires an evolution of the telecommunications business model. To stay ahead, telecommunications companies must transition away from complex legacy technologies in order to modernise their networks and to deliver value to partners across industries.
With Snowflake’s Telecom Data Cloud, telecommunications companies can adjust to this new reality and use Snowflake to:
- Modernise the telecom network: Snowflake’s Telecom Data Cloud offers a single, fully-managed, secure platform for multi-cloud data consolidation with unified governance and elastic performance that supports virtually any scale of storage, compute, and users.
- Maximise operational efficiency: With one unified platform, teams across IT, network engineering, data science, network operations, and product management can collaborate using data to improve planning, make faster business decisions, rapidly respond to customer needs, better manage network resources, and reduce time to market on new services.
- Advanced AI and ML capabilities: Snowflake and Snowpark enable machine generated data in near-real time using ML models to predict faults, schedule maintenance ahead of time, and to reduce operational downtime.
- Monetise data and applications: Telecommunications service providers can create more personalised data and application service offerings with Snowflake Marketplace and launch innovative new services, including monetisation around advertising and selling IoT data to any industry.
- Leverage industry leading network of telecommunications partners: Take advantage of a rich partner ecosystem and their industry-specific, prebuilt templates to build valuable industry solutions faster.
Phil Kippen, global head of industry, telecom at Snowflake, said: “The next wave of growth and innovation in the telecommunications industry will undoubtedly be powered by data and requires collaboration across businesses and industries.
“Snowflake’s Telecom Data Cloud unlocks these opportunities by creating one unified platform, enabling secure data collaboration by connecting telecommunications service providers with a rich ecosystem of applications, data, and technology partners.”
Some of the largest global customers in the telecommunications industry are already using Snowflake’s Telecom Data Cloud to grow revenue and maximise operational efficiency. Customer use cases include:
- AT&T – With Snowflake’s Data Cloud, AT&T is driving to a single source of truth for their data across the organisation where business partners can seamlessly access AT&T’s data to improve their customer experience and maximise operational efficiencies.
- OneWeb – The low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite communications company was able to move their data operations over to Snowflake in just six weeks and is leveraging Snowflake to harness the power of space data for the enhanced performance of its network, as well as to monetise data through new space data services.
- M1 – Singapore’s first digital network operator uses Snowflake to combine data from M1’s CRM, billing systems, website, and mobile app to provide a more complete view of the customer experience as it drives transformation and evolution in the local telecommunications landscape.
Within the Telecom Data Cloud, customers can access industry-specific solutions to leverage best practices, reduce time-to-value, and increase overall impact. Companies announcing new pre-built solutions include:
- Applications Powered by Snowflake, like the one developed by AMDOCS, allow telecommunications providers to modernise their business (including moving to the cloud and 5G monetisation efforts) and simplify business processes around charging, billing, and new digital services.
- Snowflake Marketplace partners, like Flywheel, OneWeb, and TransUnion enable live access to a variety of data sources leveraging Snowflake’s privacy-preserving collaboration technology, including satellite, geospatial, or demographic data to unlock new revenue streams and power innovative business solutions.
- Consulting and service companies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cognizant, SDG Group, Prodapt Consulting, and Wipro Limited can reduce time-to-value for customers with pre-build partner solutions that help solve for top priority use cases, including integrating OSS and BSS data, maximising operational efficiency, and monetising data to help grow business value.
- Technology partners like Alteryx, CARTO, DigitalRoute, H2O.AI, Informatica, Sigma Computing, and ThoughtSpot provide integrations and out-of-the-box solutions so customers can attain deeper insights and realise the full power and ease of use of the Telecom Data Cloud.
Want to learn more about cybersecurity and the cloud from industry leaders? Check out Cyber Security & Cloud Expo taking place in Amsterdam, California, and London. Explore other upcoming enterprise technology events and webinars powered by TechForge here.